EFI Connection Crankshaft Position Sensor - Minus 0.020-0.030"
for 96-Newer Vortec 4.3L 5.0L 5.7L 7.4L SBC LT1 BBC Engines
Part #: 110-00094
- Weight: 15 Ounces
THE MOST VERSATILE VORTEC CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR!
GM Vortec engines have been available since 1996. The majority of these engines are now showing crank bearing wear or have been rebuilt. The sensor to reluctor air gap should measure 0.030", but in many cases the air gap has changed for one of the following reasons:
- Crankshaft align bore and align hone has resulted in an elevated crankshaft that widens the sensor to reluctor air gap.
- Powder coated timing cover moves the sensor away from the reluctor widening the air gap.
- Damaged or missing timing cover dowel pins affect the alignment or air gap of the crankshaft sensor.
EFI Connection's modified Vortec crankshaft sensor:
- Removes roughly 0.020" from the plastic sensor flange allowing the sensor to be inserted roughly 0.020" closer to the crankshaft reluctor.
- Includes an external fork-shaped shim to tighten the metal sensor bracket.
- Includes 0.010", 0.015", and 0.020" shims that allow for fine adjustment of the sensor to reluctor air gap.
- Includes the correct internal Honeywell hall effect sensor for accurate signal high/low switching capable of reading 3x, 4x, 24x, and 58x reluctor patterns at more than 8,200 rpm. Be cautious of cheap knock-off sensors that cannot switch high/low fast enough because they are built using an incorrect hall effect sensor.